Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wait, am I actually COLD?


April 30, 2012

You heard it here first, ladies and gentleman, I sat in Sperry’s, socks, a long sleeve T, rain jacket, scarf, and GLOVES, and was still a little chilly.  Welcome to the dry season (winter) in the mountains on a lake haha.  I am not sure of the exact weather at my site, but I will know in a week!! I do know that although it is winter, summer is the rainy season, so there will definitely still be sun.  Therefore, Karen—your going away present is beyond awesome, gonna have to get some more of that when I am back in August haha.  However, I can’t say for sure that my tan will be good for a wedding haha.  At least my face will be, and my hair will be lighter than Tina’s wedding dress probably haha.

In other news, I have been sick for a few days, but I am on the mend and on track to be healthy and happy for swearing in, which is just a few days away, and then to be on my own at site!  That information is slowly starting to settle in to my mind.  Excited, definitely nervous, anticipative, and just generally interested in what the next step will bring.  You forget during training that this isn’t really Peace Corps, this isn’t what we signed up to do and this “study abroad meets summer camp” is just a really small portion of our service.

I am sad that I was in bed for most of our last weekend together as a stage for awhile, but I am happy that I managed to make it to my host family’s house yesterday and to take pictures of them in the hats my mom sent from the states.  Three of them will be at swearing in on Friday as well, which is exciting.  It will be hard to tell them goodbye, but I definitely plan on coming to see them when I am back in Mantasoa for in-service training and mid-service conference at the year mark.  We also have a conference with three months left but I do not know if that one is at the training center or not—waaaay down the road haha.

Alright, time to get back to studying, we have a language test tomorrow to make sure we are ready to swear in on Friday.  Probably the last post I write before I move to my new home!  I will keep you updated on how the move goes, I am sure there will be a lot to talk about.

Love,
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment