Sunday, April 1, 2012

“May the odds be ever in your favor…”

March 23, 2012

Happy Hunger Games premier day!  I get goosebumps just thinking about it.  I hope the movie is amazing; I can’t wait to see it.  As soon as that comes out on DVD that is going to be my package request haha.  Congrats Brian J I am sure the stunts are rad.  I am listening to the first audio book right now, since that is the closest I am going to get (thanks Thomas James and Karen).  I don’t really like the woman who reads it.  She sounds too old and far too meticulous in her articulation.  I hope this girl who plays Katniss in the movie is better.  I have also been rockin the Katniss signature hair do for a few days now.  My hair is still too short to cooperate fully but it is on it’s way.  Tina, I am practicing French braiding, and I can get a good 3-4 inches in before my arms start to fall asleep haha.  Also funny note, my laptop wants to autocorrect Katniss to catnip, which is what Gail calls her.

Got on facebook and email briefly this afternoon.  Enough to realize that I needed to unsubscribe from everything before I left haha.  Sooo much spam.  Got a chance to respond to a few facebook posts as well.  Thanks Ashley and tuba co for the pic upload!

We are cooking for our families tomorrow, which should be fun.  My group has decided to make Mexican, guac, salsa, tortillas and all.  Mmmmmmm avocado haha.  PC gives us a really awesome cookbook with all kinds of recipes and tips.  Looking forward to being able to cook for myself, at least for a bit.  I’m sure I will get tired of the amount of time it takes haha.

That’s all for now!  I will let you know how our fondue selling goes and where I am headed in May!

Veloma!
-Sarah

ADDENDUM: While I still appreciate having the book, I AM MISSING AN ENTIRE DISC FROM THE AUDIOBOOK!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Saaaaaaaaad panda.  Jumps from getting on the train to training L

4 comments:

  1. Just read book one while I was in Arizona. Loved it. Started book 2 but now I am back to real life so it will be slower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Then we were reading at the same time because I finished the audiobook last week. Glad you liked it! Now you have to go see the movie and look for Brian.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I am so far behind on reading all of these. And Sorry for the missing disc Sarah!!!

    And the movie is good. I hope you get to see it soon! If you have internet there, can you access things like Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its alright haha, I have already read it and it is a slow part.

    Unfortunately, even with internet you pay by the megabyte, so streaming is a no

    But i may or may not have just seen it....blog post to come

    ReplyDelete